Check out this guide to get you started on your power prayer walk. Below you will learn six prayer points and find downloadable prayer verses to take on your walk.
Have you been wanting to start prayer walks in your neighborhood but haven’t been sure how to start? If so, you’ve come to the right place. To kick you off here are three scriptures that speak to the importance of praying, especially over your geographical area.
Go, walk through the length and breadth of the land, for I am giving it to you. Genesis 13:17 (NIV)
The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16b (NIV)
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit — fruit that will last — and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:16 (NIV)
At the bottom of the page, you will find a link to prayer cards of all the scriptures mentioned.
Six prayer points for your POWER PRAYER WALK:
Focus on praising God for who He is and all His goodness. Start by singing a song, quietly or in your head. Singing helps you focus on God and not be distracted by the surroundings. If you aren’t sure what song to sing, start with Jesus Loves Me. If you are a Spotify user, simply type in “prayer walk” and a number of pre-selected playlists will pop up.
· For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You. Psalm 86:5 (NASB)
· I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalms 139:14 (NIV)
Ask God to forgive you of any sins or show you if there is anything hindering you from hearing him today.
· If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 (NASB)
· Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Psalms 139:23 (NIV)
"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thought"
Lift up your family in prayer. Start with thanksgiving and then talk to God about specifics for each family member.
· You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Psalm 128:2 (NIV)
· The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace. Numbers 6:24-26 (NKJ)
Pray over your neighborhood. Speak life and peace over each house you pass by. Ask God to give you opportunities to speak to the neighbors and be a light for Jesus.
· The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14 (NIV)
· The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask The Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field. Matthew 9:37-38 (NIV)
"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few"
Pray over your city or state. Pray God blankets the area with His burning fire of love, peace and comfort. Pray that He shines His light and love to everyone so they can come to know Jesus soon. Pray for mayors, and lawyers, that they know God and rule justly and fairly, while following truth. Pray for safety of police and other first responders
· If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)
· Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper. Jeremiah 29:7 (NIV)
Pray over your nation. Pray that God’s will reigns. Pray for the legislators that they seek justice and rule in a way following godly principles. Pray their hearts are softened to listen to God.
· Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth. Psalm 46:10 (NIV)
· I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people, for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4 (NIV)
Here is a link to the 16 focused prayer verses and the prayer points to help you get started on your prayer walk today.